The PA Office of the Auditor General has launched the “Safe2Say Something” (S2SS) anonymous reporting system. This program, which is mandated under PA State law / Act 44, teaches students, teachers, and administrators how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and Say Something to a trusted adult OR use its anonymous reporting system. Specifically, the program educates participants to:
- Recognize the signs and signals of at-risk behaviors – especially within social media
- Take every sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult OR
- Report it anonymously through the S2SS Office of the Attorney General 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
- Respond to and manage the submitted tip via a school-based multi-disciplinary educator and administrator teams
- Sustain the curriculum and awareness via student clubs, in-school activities and call-to-action weeks
- For more information, you may access the Safe2Say Something Website via the link https://www.safe2saypa.org or read the letter send home with our students.
1-844-SAF2SAY or (1-844-723-2729)