New laws and policies have taken effect this year which will apply to all applicants seeking employment through our District. The following is required of all employees:
- Act 34: PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Act 151: PA Child Abuse History Clearance
Act 153 requires school employees to provide or renew their clearances every 5 years. The required clearances are:
1. Act 34 (Pennsylvania Criminal History Check)
2. Act 151 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance)
3. Act 114 (Federal FBI Criminal History Record)
Act 168 of 2014 requires all school districts to contact an applicant’s current and/or former employer(s) for the purpose of conducting mandated employment history reviews. The Act 168 Disclosure Form must be completed by all applicants and submitted to the Superintendent’s Office prior to their employment. The applicant must fill out one form for each of the following:
· The applicant’s current employer;
· The applicant’s former employers that are school entities; and
· The applicant’s former employers where a position was held that involved direct contact with children.
Act 126 mandates that all school employees complete this training every five (5) years. All new employees must submit a certificate of completion.