21st Century Community Learning Center
Sharon C.O.O.L. Program
Children’s Opportunities for Outside Learning
WHAT IS IT?
C.O.O.L. is funded through the Pennsylvania 21st Century Community Learning Center Program to serve students in GRADES 5-9. Funded in full or in part with a grant provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This is a joint grant shared by Farrell and Sharon School Districts. The goal is to:
- Improve academic achievement in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science
- Health and wellness education
- Provide students with skills to be prepared for College and Careers
- Provide a safe stable environment to learn
- Have opportunities for parents to be involved and learn
- Field Trips and interaction with partners from the community
Currently we are serving students and their families at all three Elementary schools and at our Middle/High School. We have certified teachers, support personnel staff and proper security at each site to provide an overall safe environment for our students after school.
Monday through Thursday or
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (as dictated by the early dismissal schedule)
Middle School/High School- 3:00-5:45pm
Case Ave.-2:45-5:30 pm
West Hill- 2:45-5:30 pm
Musser- 2:45-5:45 pm
Bus transportation home is provided.
FREE program! Just fill in the Registration form attached and return it to your child’s teacher.