Supervisor of Student Services
Donald Bennett Education Service Center
215 Forker Blvd.
Sharon, PA 16146
Fax: 724-983-4056E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan, develop, and administer programs in Special and Gifted Education; prepare budget and make allocation of funds for staff, supplies, and equipment; foster community and member district participations, and coordinate Special and Gifted Education services with various community agencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer the education of exceptional children served by the district by consulting with and directing the instructional advisors.
2. Direct the daily activities of the Special Education staff through the instructional advisors, when appropriate, including training, formal supervision and evaluation of both professional and support staff. The Supervisor of Special Education will also serve on a ‘professionals assisting with staffing’-related committee.
3. Coordinate use of reports, records, child accounting, and other material essential to the special education program with community and government agencies, member districts, and other areas of the district.
4. Revise and formulate policies and educational programs pertaining to activities such as screening, placement, education, and training of exceptional children served by the district.
5. Administer various federally-funded contracts, ensuring goals are met, along with development of a budget; has authority to make expenditures from these accounts.
6. Serve as a consultant and liaison between the PA Department of Education and the district to ensure implementation and compliance of various special education regulations and directives.
7. Review and approve according to district and State/Federal guidelines, budgets necessary for the operation of Special Education Programs.
8. Initiate or complete various administrative reports, agendas, forms, correspondence, and memos as required on a variety of topics related to Special Education.
9. Serve on the advisory board for District Alternative Programs and direct instruction of students with special needs to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
10. Perform other duties as required by the Superintendent.
Co-Administrator of Alternative Programs
Student Wellness Council Coordinator