What is Title 1?
· Title 1 is a 100% federally funded supplemental education program that provides assistance to local school districts to improve educational opportunities for children who are experiencing difficulty.
· Title 1 programs are designed to help children meet the content and performance standards in reading and language arts and math.
· The Pennsylvania State System of Assessment is used to evaluate the success of the Title 1 programs in schools.
What Will Title 1 Do for My Child?
· The Title 1 program will provide your child with extra educational support and instruction beyond the regular classroom by a Title 1 teacher.
· The Title 1 teacher provides in-class, small group support with some pull-out instruction, or co-teaches to provide individualized instruction.
· The Title 1 teacher will deliver instruction that targets the specific needs of your child identified by multiple assessments and teacher input.
How are Students Identified for Title 1 Services?
· Students are referred by their classroom teacher.
· Students are identified as a result of basic and below basic scores on state and district assessments.· Students are referred for further evaluation by their parents.